As an email marketer, you expect your beautifully crafted and designed emails to reach the inbox of customers. And there’s nothing more frustrating when they go unnoticed, straight to spam, or worse — never even make it to customers. Reaching the inbox is no easy task and is challenging for even the most well-known brands. To demystify the ins and outs of email deliverability, we’ve put together a course that serves as an in-depth overview of successful email delivery, including current authentication protocols that contribute to higher acceptance rates, and stellar deliverability for new and existing mail streams alike.
This course is a part of Blueshift Academy — the one-stop shop to learn the basics of the Blueshift platform and topics most important to modern marketers: AI-marketing, digital marketing best practices, email deliverability, and much more. We’ve broken down the biggest topics in marketing today into easy-to-follow and informative courses. In this course, we cover the basics of email deliverability, an overview of the receiving community, email deliverability key components, and much more. No strings attached, anyone willing to learn can take our free course that will guide you through the nuts and bolts of email deliverability — and turn you into an email marketing and deliverability pro!
More about the course
We’ve broken down the essential information that every marketer should be aware of when ramping up, beginning, or enhancing their email programs. These best practices will not only increase inbox placement, but you’ll become a savvier email marketer, better aligned with the Receiving community, as you build and execute future email program strategies.
In this 7 part course you will learn:
1. An Introduction to Email Deliverability
These modules will cover the basics of email deliverability, exactly what it is, and why it’s important to marketers looking to get the most out of their emails. We’ll discuss what are different variables that play a role in email deliverability success, how these elements influence reputation, and the core authentication protocols:
- SPF (Sender Policy Framework) allows marketers to define which IP addresses are allowed to send mail for a particular domain
- DKIM (Domain Keys Identified Mail) provides encryption keys and digital signatures that verify if an email was not faked or altered
- DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication Reporting and Conformance) brings together SPF and DKIM to allow domain owners to dictate how they would like emails from a particular domain to be managed
- BIMI (Brand Indicators for Message Identification) enables brands to add their logo alongside their “from” address in recipient’s inboxes
You will learn how you can reach more customers and boost engagement with the help of a solid email deliverability strategy.
2. The Receiving Community At a Glance
In this module, we will discuss the top 3 Mailbox Providers making up the vast percentage of senders’ lists today. You will gain a better understanding of how these Providers measure reputation, what makes up their own individual/proprietary filtering systems, and what factors to consider when mailing to each.
3. Introducing New Mail Streams, Monitoring IP, Domain, and Sender Identity Reputation, and Email Deliverability Best Practices
In the final modules, we’ll address the process of building and maintaining a healthy email program that’s focused on customer engagement as a core metric — from migrating ESPs, introducing new mail streams or campaign types, reaching specific cohorts, along with addressing seasonal lifts in volume/outreach.
You will learn our recommended approach to warming new IP addresses and building a solid reputation along with email marketing best practices like:
- Email bounce management
- List management and when to stop and start messaging based engagement
- Key campaigns you should leverage to improve your overall deliverability
Learning these crucial tips will ensure you’re greatly contributing to the mail you’re sending not only being accepted, but also delivered/directed to the inbox as intended., and how (and with what tools) you can monitor your email programs.
If you’re ready to transform your email program and learn how deliverability can skyrocket for your brand, check out our free course, available now. Or, hear from our resident email deliverability expert, Kimberly Paxton, in her on-demand webinar as she shares her best practices for crafting a healthy reputation for any email program, to ensure all of your emails make it to your most valued customers.