After being heralded as “the next big thing” for years, AI has arrived, bringing with it the power to add game-changing leverage, focus and control to your marketing efforts. Of course, as with any new technology, the move to AI entails a learning curve, and its perception as a “black box” has left many unsure how to begin applying AI to their marketing strategies.
For those ready to embrace this truly transformational approach, AI puts the tools in marketers’ hands to harness a complete and constantly updating customer profile to engage with customers with incredible precision, relevance, effectiveness and speed. At the same time, it helps marketers be more efficient, productive and effective by simplifying, automating, and accelerating marketing workflows. In previous posts we explored how AI helps determine the right marketing actions for each individual customer at every step by continuously optimizing:
- WHO are the right customers to target at any moment by using Predictive Audiences to determine customers who are ready to purchase, at risk of churning, ripe for upsell and more.
- WHAT content will most likely influence each customer by using Predictive Recommendations to surface the most relevant offers, products or articles for each individual customer based on what they seek at that moment.
- WHEN each customer will be most responsive by using Predictive Engage Time to optimize send times for when each customer is most likely to actually engage with your brand, not simply open a message.
- WHERE is the channel they’ll be most receptive by using Predictive Channel-of-Choice to adapt which channel to deliver the message based on their preferred channel in the current context.
And the numbers don’t lie; as our recent benchmark study found, compared with traditional marketing efforts AI-powered campaigns:
- Drive up to 7X greater customer engagement and 3X revenue
- Deliver 2X greater impact on engagement for mobile push compared to email
- Achieve 50% lift as AI continues to accelerate engagement and impact and learning from customer interactions
PUTTING AI INTO ACTION: CONSIDERATIONS FOR SUCCESS
So how do we put AI into action? Like any successful initiative, getting results with AI begins with being clear about what you aim to accomplish and making sure you have the right people, processes, platform and implementation plan in place. Accept that there will be a learning curve, and begin by laying the foundation before you begin to scale.