Innovations in programmatic advertising have transformed online media buying, making the process more automated, targeted and measurable. Now programmatic is poised to revolutionize customer relationship marketing.
I wrote an article on this subject today at Adexchanger, titled “When Will The Programmatic Revolution Reach Customer Relationship Marketing?”
In my mind, programmatic relationship marketing consists of the following elements:
- Dynamic Audiences — No more lists. Audiences would be updated in real time, and inclusion won’t necessarily be all-or-nothing. Instead recipients can form an “engagement cloud” where some consumers receive more frequent communications than others based on their interests and previous interactions with a brand.
- Real-time Triggers – Receiving an email “blast” feels exactly like it sounds. No one likes to be caught in a blast radius. With real-time decision systems, you can now trigger the right message to the right customer at a time that’s based on the customer’s engagement.
- Dynamic Creative — Personalized template-based communication will help prevent consumers from feeling like they’re being talked at rather than to. This goes beyond acknowledging global variables like time of day, weather and location, and populating creative templates with truly 1:1 elements based on a customer’s interactions with your brand.
- User-centric, not channel-centric — Channel-centric communication is out. Messaging consumers via their preferred channels — and intelligently across channels — is in.
- Automatic Measurement and Optimization — Like human beings, marketing campaigns should sense whether or not they’re connecting with their audience. Campaigns that can self-optimize, reacting to what works and what doesn’t, what will deliver more relevant messages and what will do so when recipients are most likely to engage with them.
To read more about about the topic, head over to Adexchanger, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org